Art and Craft Markets
Hartest Markets – New Art and Craft Market!
Many of you will be familiar with our lovely monthly Farmers Market held on the first Saturday of every month at the Hartest Institute. The market has always had a blend of food and craft stalls but as it continues to grow each month so does our waiting list for stall holders.
We are excited to announce that we are setting up a second market to accommodate local artists and makers which we hope will become a regular feature in the village.
The Hartest Art & Craft Market will showcase some of the best handmade products in the area, featuring ceramics, jewellery, textiles, wood and glass.
We can accommodate 24 makers and will feature additional artists in a gallery section.
A pop up market café will be serving delicious and freshly prepared food throughout the day using locally sourced produce where possible.
2017 DATES FOR THE HARTEST ART & CRAFT MARKETS
Saturday 8th April – Spring Makers Market. Our first market promises to be a celebration of wonderful local artists and makers inspired by Easter and Spring.
Saturday 15th July – Putting the Art in Hartest! As part of our summer market we want to inspire you to get creative and join in our community art project. Details to follow!
Saturday 14th October – Let’s Hygge! Our Autumn market will take its theme from the Danish concept of cosiness. Expect nature inspired crafts, knitting, candles and lashings of hot chocolate!
Saturday 9th December - Winter Festive Market. A fabulous opportunity to support local makers and artists and pick up some unique gifts for Christmas at our beautiful event.
For more information please contact Sarah Rands at email@example.com or ring on 07788 508520
Arty Crafty Hartest
Take part in our market art project – open to all ages!
We hope to inspire you to get arty and crafty by making a butterfly for our butterfly wall –
- Butterflies can be drawn painted or be 3-D made from any medium.
- They should be no bigger than a standard postcard.
- Bring along to the July market on 15th July before 12 noon.
- Judging to take place at 2pm with some fabulous prizes of art sets.
- There will be different age categories, even one for adults and local businesses so do join in.
- There will be an entry fee of £1.00 per butterfly - funds raised by the project will be divided between EACH (East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices) and Hartest Primary School
See the Hartest Village Website or our facebook page for more details.